My guest today has built a seriously amazing business model. I would know. I’m a fan of it myself! Allison Schaaf took something she loves—helping people create amazing meals in their own homes—and turned it into a profitable and sustainable business called PrepDish.com.
PrepDish subscribers receive meal plans with everything they need to shop for and prepare a week’s worth of delicious meals, all carefully selected by Allison, who happens to be a chef.
This model has given Allison incredible freedom in scaling and sustaining her online business. She’s here today to share how her business was born, how she runs it, and how she maintains a close connection to the community it has created.
I know how much you guys appreciate success stories like Allison’s, and I’m so excited for you to hear her journey. Listen and enjoy!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Allison built her newsletter-based business.
- Tips for scaling your business as a solopreneur.
- What Allison learned from surveying her audience.
- Where and how Allison built her community of engaged, supportive fans.
- Tools for automating repeated tasks and workflows.
- Advice on managing feedback—both positive and negative.
- A special gift from Allison, and more!
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- PrepDish.com – 50% off meal plans for SPI listeners!
- 100 Days of Real Food
- Smart Passive Income Podcast Episode 107: How a Small Blog about Food Became a Big Deal with Lisa and Jason from 100 Days of Real Food
- WillItFlyBook.com – Pat’s new book
- 99Designs.com – $99 Power Pack of services, free!
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The SPI Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions, head on over to AskPat.com. This bite-sized show has more than two million downloads and counting!
Thanks, Allison, for joining me this week! Until next time!