We did it: Will It Fly? has launched, and I couldn’t be more thrilled. Now, with launch day behind us, I want to introduce a few of the people who made the release of Will It Fly? such a success.
Back in Episode 138, you met a few members of Team Flynn, the incredible group of minds that makes things happen at SmartPassiveIncome.com. Team Flynn is back again today to share what goes into planning, scheduling, and marketing a new book. They’ll reveal their campaign planning strategies, favorite scheduling tools, and how our launch goals adapted over the course of the campaign.
Their insights aren’t just valuable for you authors out there—these same approaches can be applied to any large-scale project you’ve got in the works. Whether you’re cooking up a new book or your next exciting course, you’ve got to hear their expert advice. Enjoy!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to create a book launch marketing schedule by working backwards.
- Tips and tools for scheduling a well-organized promotional campaign.
- Strategies for rallying influencers to support your book launch.
- The most critical time period for the success of your book.
- Everything that goes into a published book besides your written manuscript.
- The unique benefits and freedoms of self-publishing compared with traditional publishing.
- The importance of viewing your book as a product.
- How to use a bundle strategy to promote book sales.
- How and why our initial campaign timeline changed.
- How I plan to promote Will It Fly? long-term, and more!
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- WillItFlyBook.com ($2.99 Deal on Kindle until Midnight PST Feb. 3rd!)
- Smart Passive Income Episode 138: Meet Team Flynn—My Trip to Columbus and a Big Decision I Need to Make by 2015
- Smart Passive Income Episode 197: Behind the Scenes of Writing Will It Fly?
- Smart Passive Income Episode 198: Building a Book Launch “Street Team” (Plus Pre-Order)
- 99Designs.com – $99 Power Pack of services, free!
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The SPI Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions, head on over to AskPat.com. This bite-sized show has more than two million downloads and counting!
Special thanks to Matt, Janna, and Elise for joining me this week. Until next time!