This week’s episode features not one amazing guest, but two! I can’t wait for you to meet David Picciuto and Bob Clagett, two online business success stories I know you will love.
David and Bob run different businesses, but they share a mutual passion: woodworking. Both left their office jobs in hopes of turning their hobby into a full-time business. Since then, David’s DrunkenWoodworker.com and Bob’s ILikeToMakeStuff.com have gained huge followings and become full-time jobs, all while allowing them to do what they love most.
David and Bob are here to share how they monetized their hobby, built their followings, and grew their businesses across multiple income streams. They’ll offer their tips for getting started with sponsorships and running an online store, too.
You’ll also hear what they’ve learned from being part of a mastermind group, and how the relationships they’ve built there have impacted their growing businesses.
Do you have a hobby or passion you’d love to turn into a full-fledged business? Or maybe you’re eager to get out of the 9-to-5 grind, but you’re still waiting on that flash of inspiration to get started. Take a listen to what David and Bob have to say. I guarantee you’ll be inspired—and pick up some top-notch strategies along the way!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to transform your part-time hobby into a full-time business.
- Potential income streams for your online business.
- How David and Bob built a following through their YouTube channels.
- Strategies for monetizing your blog or video channel.
- Getting started with video or podcast sponsorships.
- What to charge and how to negotiate with your sponsors.
- Tips for selling and distributing merchandise.
- What David and Bob have learned being part of a Mastermind group, and more!
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Making It
- Pat’s Book Club
- SumoMe.com – A free tool I use to grow my email list, and much more! Check it out!
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The SPI Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to AskPat.com. This bite-sized show has over two million downloads and counting!
Thanks to David and Bob for joining me this week. Until next time!