David Meerman Scott is an internationally acclaimed strategist whose books and blog are must-reads for professionals seeking to generate attention in ways that grow their business.
David’s advice and insights help people, products, and organizations stand out, get noticed, and capture hearts and minds. He is author or co-author of ten books — three of which are international bestsellers.
The New Rules of Marketing & PR, now in its fourth edition, has been translated into 26 languages and is used as a textbook in hundreds of universities and business schools worldwide.
It is a modern business classic, with more than 300,000 copies sold so far. Scott also authored Real-Time Marketing & PR, a Wall Street Journal bestseller, Newsjacking, World Wide Rave, and his latest hit book The New Rules of Sales and Service.
He co-authored Marketing the Moon (now in pre-production as a feature-length film titled The Men Who Sold the Moon) and Marketing Lessons from The Grateful Dead.
In this episode of Authorpreneur, host Jim Kukral and David Meerman Scott discuss:
- How David’s writing drives his speaking business
- David’s business model of taking stock in businesses
- How he actually makes money from his books
- Why David doesn’t take book advances
- How he ramped up his speaking fees over time through writing more books
- How David comes up with new ideas for books
- Why speaking is a skill that needs to be practiced and honed
The post David Meerman Scott on the New Rules of Writing (and Profiting From) Great Books appeared first on Copyblogger.