Content syndication is sort of like guest posting on steroids. You get all the benefits of guest posting without the work because you use one article to show up on different websites.
But which websites you publish on matters. Which is why host Demian Farnworth asked Belle Beth Cooper to come on today’s special interview edition of Rough Draft.
Belle’s articles have been syndicated on Business Insider, Fast Company, and Lifehacker. On average, her articles were generating tens of thousands of views, several thousand social shares, and driving a ridiculous amount of traffic back to her website.
She’s Demian’s textbook example of someone who’s grown an audience through content syndication. So, naturally, she’s a great resource — full of tips, wisdom, and useful warnings about what not to do.
In this 20-minute episode of Rough Draft with Demian Farnworth and Belle Beth Cooper, you’ll discover:
- One thing you must do when a big site re-publishes your article
- The trick to driving traffic back to your site from syndicated content (your byline won’t do it)
- Why content syndication won’t ruin your Google rankings
- How to keep your syndication relationship alive with a big publisher
- What never to do with syndicated content
The post How to (Rapidly) Build an Audience with Content Syndication appeared first on Copyblogger.