Today, being a “starving artist” is so passé …
You already know the Internet has the potential to put your creations in front of a much wider audience than you’d have at an art show at your local coffee shop.
But, this week, Editor-in-Chief host Stefanie Flaxman and photographer Bryan Formhals talk about the lesser-known benefits of living the life of an artist online that are essential to having a fulfilling creative career.
In this 36-minute episode of Editor-in-Chief, host Stefanie Flaxman and Bryan Formhals discuss:
- Why you must be intentional about the content you publish online
- The difference between a curator and an editor
- How Bryan’s blog evolved into a print magazine and then a podcast
- Why Bryan loves copy editors
- The benefits of collaboration
- What improv can teach you about consistently writing strong content
- Why it’s important to find and connect with the “right people”
- The value of a small audience
- The definition of art